Next Landmark 2020THE 2020 CONTEST
Floornature.com, the architecture and design portal published by Iris Ceramica Group, promotes the ninth Next Landmark, the international contest for architects and designers. The 2020 contest is entitled “An Educational Garden in Fiorano Modenese”.
The contest is aimed at all young architects and designers who graduated from these disciplines between 2010 and the present day. Registration is free of charge and must be completed online.
The objective of the latest contest is to redesign external areas at “Casa Coccapani” nursery school in Fiorano Modenese (MO). More specifically, participants are requested to enter a project that introduces innovative and sustainable aspects relating to designing areas for growth and learning, aimed at creating a new and more integrated relationship between the individual, community and green space. The project focuses on creating a space which promotes awareness of the importance of individual and collective actions in the care and conservation of all living creatures.
The new play area should therefore be an ecosystem that provides future generations with countless opportunities to learn, explore and discover the surrounding world, whilst at the same time ensuring:
- Beauty and simplicity
- Physical and mental well-being
- Inclusion and accessibility
- Sharing, acceptance and diversity
- Flexibility and adaptability
The project mainly involves two areas:
- Community area: Plaza/Agora, an area free of obstacles for the free movement of users
- Outdoor area: A small garden, an area for exploring nature including various types of plants suitable for little ones
Other types of areas may be included, such as educational kitchen gardens, play areas, children's theater, relaxation areas and open-air classrooms.
Awards will be presented to projects which fully satisfy the required functions and which provide a cohesive, pleasant, well-balanced and sustainable design, taking into consideration:
- Originality of the design
- Relationship between children and space
- Functional, aesthetic and conceptual innovation
- Technical and economic feasibility.
Download the contest rules and regulations
to find out how to enter the contest,
read them carefully and follow the instructions to upload your photograph or project.
Download the contest rules and regulations in your desired language here.
The jury will award the following prize
- Scholarship for Masters Degree in Sustainable Design at SOS - School of Sustainability, Bologna, Italy http://www.schoolofsustainability.it
- Outward journey to the city of Bologna
- Online sharing of the project on all the Group’s media
- NEXT LANDMARK INTERNATIONAL CONTEST 2020 Winners Certificate
The Jury’s decision is final and cannot be appealed; the Jury’s members are from Organizations and Institutions which promotes the contest