Architecture for a Sustainable Future
Floornature.com, the Iris Ceramica group architecture and design portal,
promotes the eighth edition of the International Contest for architects and designers,
held this year under the title: “Pollution 2019: Architecture for a Sustainable Future”.
- Next Landmark 2019
Next Landmark 2019THE 2019 CONTEST
Floornature.com, the Iris Ceramica group architecture and design portal, promotes the eighth edition of the International Contest for architects and designers, held this year under the title: “Pollution 2019: Architecture for a Sustainable Future”.
The contest is open to the new generations of creative artists in the disciplines of architecture, art and design who graduated since the year 2010. The registration is free of charge and must be completed online.
The contest represents an opportunity for young professionals with a genuine interest for the community and aims to support their work and their career development.
For the eighth edition, Next Landmark 2019, launches a competition that recognizes the contribution made by creative artists in architecture and design to a shared and evolving future, expressed through the concept of integral sustainability.
Participants are asked to present an academic work that may have already been realized (such as a degree thesis) but also a project developed independetly (a research, for example). The project must be multidisciplinary, propose clear ideas about the einvironment and centre around the respect for people and nature.
Three types of projects are admitted in the contest:
- Buildings employing high-performing forms and materials of low-tech manufacture or design. Holistic works presenting environmental strategies suitable for the local context with a low long-term environmental impact.
- Projects intended to permit regeneration of urban spaces and reclamation of abandoned structures, based on principles of sustainability and social participation and intended to improve the quality of life of the citizens involved.
- Architecture proposals intended to promote dignified living and/or working conditions for people and communities in a condition of particular fragility following an environmental, political or economic emergency, demonstrating easy implementation, with the participation of end users wherever possible.
The best architecturally feasible project developing social and environmental themes for a possible and achievable future, will be awarded prizes. The following parameters will be taken into account:
- Originality of the projects
- The relationship between human beings and environment
- Technical, aesthetic or conceptual innovation.
The Jury’s decision is final and cannot be appealed; the Jury’s members are from Organizations and Institutions which promotes the contest
Download the contest rules and regulations
to find out how to enter the contest,
read them carefully and follow the instructions to upload your photograph or project.
Download the contest rules and regulations in your desired language here.
The winner will award several prizes, including one- year scholarship at SOS - School of Sustainability in Bologna.
- One year scholarship at SOS - School of Sustainability of Bologna (Italy).
- Outward journey to reach the city of Bologna
- Online publication of the winning project in all the group’s media.
- NEXT LANDMARK INTERNATIONAL CONTEST 2019 winners’ certificate.