Studio Piuarch of Brera, in central Milan, was established in 1996 by Francesco Fresa, Germán Fuenmayor, Gino Garbellini and Monica Tricario with the intention of combining different skills and experience in a common architectural practice.
Piuarch’s approach to design is always based on the specific features of places, optimising their potential and the architectural relationship between buildings and their urban surroundings.
Piuarch designs public buildings and private homes, commercial spaces and office complexes with a contemporary formal vocabulary in addition to interior design projects in Italy and abroad (in China, Algeria, Russia and the Ukraine).
The studio has an important ongoing partnership with Dolce & Gabbana Spa, with which Piuarch has worked on dozens of projects of different kinds: 40 boutiques all over the world (Milan, New York, Paris, Tokyo, Beijing, London, Athens, Dubai and Rome), the factory in Incisa in Val d’Arno and administrative offices, multipurpose spaces and the Gold restaurant in Milan. In some of these projects (Headquarters and the Metropol in Milan) the studio has renovated, consolidated or expanded on existing structures.
The studio won the 1st “Architetto Italiano 2013” award assigned by the National Council of Architects in collaboration with MAXXI in Rome, revealing the “great capacity for dialogue with different cultures, expectations, and economic and technical resources”
, President of the Jury).
Piuarch selected works
- Helen Marlen Mandarin, Kiev (Ucraina), 2013
- Champigny Sur Marne, Ile-De-France (Francia), 2013
- Complesso multifunzionale Porta Nuova, Milano (Italia), 2013
- Boutique Dolce & Gabbana, sedi varie, 1996-2013
- Bentini Headquarters, Faenza, Ravenna (Italia), 2011
- Quattro corti, San Pietroburgo (Russia), 2010
- Ristorante Mansarda, San Pietroburgo (Russia), 2010
- Centro Congressi, Riva del Garda, Trento (Italia), 2007
- Ristorante Gold, , Milano (Italia), 2006
- Spazio multifunzionale Metropol, Milano (Italia), 2005
- Boutique Adonis, Montecarlo (Principato di Monaco), 2002
- Progetto Gipsoteca della Scultura italiana del ‘900, Casalbeltrame, Novara (Italia), 2002
- Dolce & Gabbana Headquarters, Milano (Italia), 2002
- Dolce & Gabbana Factory, Incisa in Val d’Arno, Firenze (Italia), 2001
- Complesso residenziale Fola, Sesto San Giovanni, Milano (Italia), 1996