- Paolo Schianchi
BiographyOne of the most interesting critical voices on the contemporary Italian design scene, Paolo Schianchi (1966) graduated with a degree in architecture in 1992 and began his career as a designer and art director after winning a scholarship to study and work on projects at the universities of Tübingen, Eisenstadt and Helsinki. As an expert in materials, he began working with a number of magazines published by Gruppo Editoriale Faenza and Gruppo Tile in 1997, and curated the exhibition installations for numerous exhibitions about furniture design. His annual “Percorso bagno” exhibition held at PadovaFiere between 2002 and 2007 marked a milestone in the evolution of bathroom design.
At the same time he worked for numerous furniture companies, including Ilem, Nuke, Magma, Errepierre, Disegno Ceramica, Zehnder Runtal and Naxis, creating designs and working on corporate image. Paolo Schianchi has been a speaker at conventions and sat on the jury of design competitions, taught Industrial Design at Politecnico di Milano between 2006 and 2011, and has taught Total Design and Integrated Communication at IUSVE (Istituto Universitario Salesiano Venezia) since 2012. Over the years he has continued his studies of the theme of design and image today, published in the annual publication Bagno Prodotti e Design between 2003 and 2010 by Gruppo Il Sole 24 Ore Editore, and in the volume L’immagine è un oggetto, published by LibreriaUniversitaria in 2013, making him one of the principal theoreticians of visual marketing.
After being editor-in-chief of ArchAEdilia and Ce International magazines for the Il Sole 24 Ore Group, since 2010 Schianchi has served as editor-in-chief of Floornature.com, an architecture, design and design culture portal published in five languages.
Paolo Schianchi selected works and projects
- Collection of furnishings for Disegno Ceramica, 2006-2012
- Furniture for Naxis, 2011-2012
- Radiators, Zehnder, 2006-2007
- Collection of furnishings for Il Marmo, 2003-2006
- Luci tecnoestetiche” exhibition installation, PadovaFiere, Padua (Italy), 2006
- Raccontare la luce” exhibition installation, PadovaFiere, Padua (Italy), 2005
- Collection of furnishings for Magma, 1999-2003
- Nuovi modi di abitare: il bagno e la cura del corpo”, exhibition installation, BolognaFiere, Bologna (Italy), 2004
- Percorso Bagno. Là dove osa il bagno” exhibition installation, PadovaFiere, Padua (Italy), 2003
- Percorso Bagno. Suggestioni per un bagno possibile” exhibition installation, Padua (Italy), 2002
- L’Architettura e il territorio rurale” exhibition installation, Parma (Italy), 2000
- Collection of furnishings for Ilem, 1995-1999
- Negozi Nuke Design, Parma (Italy), 1998
Related Articles: Paolo Schianchi
On May 19, London’s Serpentine Galleries have reopened their spaces to the public and on June 11,...
After Rome, the MAXXI National Museum of 21st Century Arts has a new home in L'Aquila (in the...
In the long months of spring 2020, while millions of people were confined to their homes complying...