- Piero Lissoni, Lissoni Associati Milan
Piero Lissoni, Lissoni Associati Milan
In 1986, he founded the firm Lissoni Associati (together with Nicoletta Canesi), a multidisciplinary company that now has offices in Milan and New York and develops projects worldwide in the fields of architecture, product design, graphics and visual communication, with the support of other companies that are part of the group, including Graphx (founded in 1996).
More than 70 professionals work in the various studios to provide a full-service design service ranging from interiors to coordinated images, as well as showrooms, boats, furnishing accessories, signs, fashion and cosmetics.
All this is possible thanks to the tailor-made approach of the studio, which therefore stands out in many different fields, “establishing a unique stylistic code and an instantly recognizable visual identity (...) a sense of rigor, attention to detail and harmony, with a special focus on proportion and function”.
Piero Lissoni is Art Director for Alpi, Boffi, De Padova, Living Divani, Lema, Lualdi, Porro and Sanlorenzo, for which he also designs a wide range of products.
“Recognized as one of the masters of contemporary design", Lissoni has worked with many international brands including Alessi, Benetton, Boffi, Cassina, Flos, Knoll International, Illy, Nerosicilia, Olivari, Poltrona Frau, Porro, Tecno, Salvatori, Tecno, Viccarbe and Wella.
“The table, which is part of the Asymmetrical series (2006) for Tecno, hints at work in the field of architecture and modern art. The asymmetrical top contrasts with the rigorously geometrical support” (Treccani).
The studio has designed numerous showrooms for many prestigious clients, both in Italy (Milan and Venice) and abroad (France, USA, Turkey and Japan).
These include the new flagship stores for De Padova and Fantini in Milan and for Lema in London, the Alpi and Altagamma showrooms in Milan, the Kerakoll Design Lab in Sassuolo, and the Benetton eight-storey flagship store in Kadıköy, Istanbul, where Lissoni has merged “minimalism, Italian-style, with Turkish exoticism” (Interior Design Media, NY).
Lissoni Associati’s projects also include housing and residential complexes, offices, theatres, restaurants and hotels, commercial spaces, and installations for exhibitions, fairs and museums.
The common denominator is elegant design, brand identities and a talent for “cohabitation of different styles” (Klein).
Major projects include office complexes for Living Divani and, in the Milan area, for the La Rinascente Group, Glas Italia and Matteograssi.
In the last two decades, the firm has worked on numerous projects for homes (in Milan, Monza and Forte dei Marmi) and luxury hotels and resorts, including the Monaco & Grand Canal Hotel in Venice (2004), the renovation of a historic 18th century building, and the interiors of the Mitsui Garden, a business hotel in Tokyo (2005); the Mamilla Hotel in Jerusalem (2009), which won the “Meilleur hotel du Moyen Orient”, Prix Villégiature (2016); the Conservatorium Hotel in Amsterdam (2012), which won the “Meilleure architecture intérieure d'hôtel en Europe”, Prix Villégiature; the Roomers Hotel in Baden-Baden (2016); and The Oberoi Al Zorah Beach Resort (2017).
A major development project is underway for the Shilla Stay Hotels brand for the Samsung Group, including 11 hotels in Seoul and in various locations in South Korea.
The renovation and expansion of the historic National Theatre of Milan (2009) is also worth mentioning; for the world of art he has created, among others, the room for temporary exhibits at the Bagatti Valsecchi Museum, which opened with the exhibition “The triptych of Antonello da Messina” (2015) and the exhibition “Bernardino Luini and his sons” at the Royal Palace of Milan (2014).
He has received many professional awards throughout his career, including the Good Design Award, the Red Dot Award and the ADI Compasso d’Oro 2014. Since 2005, he is a member of the “Hall of Fame”, I.D. Magazine International Design Award - USA.
Piero Lissoni - Lissoni Associati Milano selected works, products and projects
- Grand Park Hotel, Rovigno (Croazia), 2019
- Lissoni Inc. Studio, New York (USA), 2019
- Sanlorenzo Headquarters, La Spezia (Italia), 2019
- High Lines (progetto), New York (USA), 2019
- The Middle House, Shanghai (Cina), 2018
- Fantini headquarters, Pella (Italia), 2018
- The Oberoi Al Zorah Beach Resort (Ajman), 2017
- Roomers Hotel, Baden-Baden (Germania), 2016
- DePadova showroom, Milano (Italia), 2015
- Shilla Stay Hotels, Seul (Corea del Sud), 2013 - in corso
- Resort, Parc Hotel Billia, Saint Vincent (Italia), 2013
- Letto a terra L34 Mex C - Cassina, 2012
- Progetto Hager Group - Obernai, Strasburgo (Francia), 2012
- Living Divani - Rod Sofa, 2012
- Miloe Sofa - Cassina, 2012
- Conservatorium Hotel, Amsterdam (Olanda), 2012
- Abitazione privata, Forte dei Marmi, Lucca (Italia), 2011
- Audrey Chair - Kartell, 2010
- Galleria Ferrari tower & square (progetto), Maranello, Modena (Italia), 2010
- Suite al Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai (India), 2010
- Mamilla Hotel, Gerusalemme (Israele), 2009
- Benetton Concept Store, Istanbul (Turchia), 2009
- Loft privato, Monza (Italia), 2009
- Sede Uffici Living Divani, Anzano del Parco, Como (Italia), 2007
- Asymmetrical table - Tecno, 2006
- Lizz Chair - Kartell, 2006
- Mitsui Garden Hotel, Ginza, Tokyo (Giappone), 2005
- Monaco & Grand Canal Hotel, Venezia (Italia), 2004
- Yacht Ghost Sailing, 2004
- Splindle Chair - Porro, 2000
Related Articles: Piero Lissoni - Lissoni Associati Milano
The winners of the 32nd edition of the prestigious Praemium Imperiale, often described as the arts...
The Asti Architetti studio has designed the redevelopment of an important urban block in the city...
Floornature, media partner of the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership and of the Future Spaces Foundation
A new and important partnership marks the 20th anniversary of Floornature, set to be celebrated in...