BiographyMetrogramma is an urban planning studio directed by Andrea Boschetti and Alberto Francini which recently contributed to the land use plan for transformation of the city of Milan in the year 2030.
Founded in 1999, over the years the studio has built a reputation for itself in the field of urban design for its talent for experimentation and definition of possible scenarios in urban and suburban settings. Metrogramma has worked on projects for numerous towns in Italy, including Bolzano, where it came up with a plan for moving the existing railway area, Ravenna, where it converted the industrial port area, and Segrate (MI), where the studio came up with an urban planning and architectural masterplan for the Polo Intermodale area.
Internationally, the studio has worked on the new City of Ministries in Nansha, in Guanzhou, China and come up with masterplans for development of winter sports facilities in Russia, Ukraine and Romania.
Awards received include not only prizes in numerous international competitions but the Giunigi award, a Gold Medal for Italian Architecture, a special mention at the ICIF Prize in Moscow, the Inarch/Ance national award, and a bronze medal for Italian culture and art awarded by the Presidency of the Republic.
Andrea Boschetti and Alberto Francini have presented their research in Italy and all over the world at conferences, university lectures and exhibitions such as the Architecture Biennial in Venice, Brasilia and Moscow and the London Festival of Architecture.
- “Tra i rami” masterplan, Pian Scairolo, Lugano (Switzerland), 2008
- High-speed railway station integrated with existing railway station, Bologna (Italy), 2008
- Land use plan (PGT - Piano di Governo del territorio), Milan (Italy), 2007
- MPPAT Fluid City Masterplan (Korea), 2006
- Masterplan for use of the Epicentro Candiano docks area in the city of Ravenna (Italy), 2006
- Superspazio home interiors, Milan (Italy), 2007
- Archipaelago Pescara waterfront development, Pescaramare (Italy), 2003
Related Articles: Metrogramma
most viewed architects
Norwegian architectural studio Snøhetta has designed a new theme path called...
The project by the Danish firm COBE won the international design competition for the construction...
In preparation for Inside 2019, here are some Instagram-friendly interior designs from all over the world
The finalists have been announced for Inside, the World Festival of Interiors, coming up in...