- Jo Crepain, Crepain Binst Architecture
Jo Crepain, Crepain Binst Architecture
BiographyJo Crepain began his career 40 years ago. He designed his first project in 1973, while still a student: a house that won Belgium’s most prestigious architecture award.
The same year he graduated from Henry van de Velde Institute in Antwerp and started working as an architect, co-founding the studio SILO with E. Hoecks, J. Mooens, S. Stals and G. Van Looveren. At the same time he continued his studies in urban planning, a discipline that would become particularly important in his work.
Over the years he has worked particularly hard on residential designs, ranging from private villas to big housing developments, and in the area of urban planning, coming up with a plan for 143 apartments and residences in Hoorn Park in the Netherlands.
In 2006 Crepain began his professional partnership with Luc Binst, with whom he founded Crepain Binst Architecture.
He has also pursued an intense teaching career: Jo Crepain teaches at the Ghent Academy, the Academy of Architecture in Rotterdam and Henry van de Velde Institute in Antwerp, and has held conferences in universities in France and the Netherlands.
JO CREPAIN, CREPAIN BINST ARCHITECTURE, WORKS AND PROJECTS
- Appartamenti Jordaenskaai, Anversa (Belgio), 2013
- De Boschkens - Case Noise Barrier, Goirle (Belgio), 2010
- Padiglione del porto, Anversa (Belgio), 2010
- Uffici Infrax West, Torhout (Belgio), 2009
- Campus Kantienberg, Gent (Belgio), 2009
- Appartamenti Pothoofd, Deventer (Belgio), 2004
- Uffici Telindus, Heverlee (Belgio), 2003
- Uffici Renson, Waregem (Belgio), 2002
- Water tower, Anversa (Belgio), 1996
Related Articles: Jo Crepain, Crepain Binst Architecture
The major retrospective that MAXXI, National Museum of 21st Century Arts in Rome, dedicates to...
From December 4 to 6 the World Architecture Festival 2019 will be held in Amsterdam, with three...
The Parisotto + Formenton Architetti firm has completed the design of the LaViarte winery and farm...