- Adam D. Tihany
Adam D. Tihany
One of the best-known interior designers of the contemporary age, Adam D. Tihany (1948) was born in Transylvania and grew up in Israel. After studying at Politecnico di Milano and serving a series of apprenticeships in Europe, he moved to New York in 1976.
In 1978 he opened a multidisciplinary studio in the city concerned with all fields of design, from interiors for retail and residential spaces to furniture production, graphics and installation design.
In the early eighties he designed New York’s first grand café, La Coupole (for which Tihany was admitted to the Interior Design Hall of Fame in 1991).
After this Tihany Design specialised in hospitality design, especially top level restaurant design, creating guest rooms, suites, cafés, meeting rooms, spas and fitness centres. His designs for Las Vegas are particularly well-known, including the Mandarin Hotel (2009), the Aleph in Rome, the One&Only in Cape Town, the Westin Chosun in Seoul, and the recent Four Seasons Resort in Jumeirah Beach, Dubai.
Tihany designed many of the world’s most luxurious restaurants, including AT.Mosphere in Dubai, at the top of the world’s tallest skyscraper (setting a Guinness World Record as the world’s tallest building at 442 metres above ground, on the 122nd floor).
Remi, opened in Manhattan in the mid-eighties, was Tihany’s first restaurant and took Italian cuisine and Venetian style to top levels; his other restaurants include Aureole and La Fonda del Sol in New York and the recent Oro at Hotel Cipriani in Venice.
As he has said in numerous interviews, Tihany does not consider himself the representative of a given “style”; his design perspective is oriented towards his clients’ specific needs and personalities, and he is careful to avoid all forms of repetition and customise the extra-luxurious spaces he creates to the utmost.
Projects currently under way include total renovation of the famous Oberoi Hotel in New Delhi and Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles.
Adam Tihany selected works
- Four Seasons Resort Dubai, Jumeirah Beach (Dubai), 2014
- Ristorante Oro, Hotel Cipriani, Venezia (Italia)
- Hotel Aleph: stanze, suites e Spa, Roma (Italia)
- The Joule Hotel: stanze, suites, meeting room e Spa, Dallas (USA)
- Mandarin Oriental: stanze, suites, meeting room, ballroom e Spa, Las Vegas (USA), 2009
- The Beverly Hills Hotel: stanze, suites, polo lounge, cafè, Beverly Hills (USA)
- The Westin Chosun: meeting room, Spa e fitness, Seul (Corea del Sud), 2008
- Bar e ristorante Agua, Cabo San Lucas (Messico)
- Ristorante AT.Mospere, Burj Khalifa (Dubai)
- Mostra Grand Hotel Salone, Milano (Italia), 2002
- Ristorante Aureole, New York (USA)
- Ristorante World Summit Wing, Pechino (Cina)
- Ristorante Saffron, Atlantis, The Palm (Dubai)
- Ristorante La Fonda del Sol, New York (USA)
- Ristorante Sirio, Las Vegas (USA)
- One&Only: stanze, suites, fitness e Spa, Città del Capo (Sudafrica)
- Ristorante Comme Ca - Cosmopolitan Resort & Casino, Las Vegas (USA)
- Ristorante La Coupole, New York (USA), 1981
The project entered by the team Pedro & Juana under the guidance of architects Ana Paula Ruiz...
Alessandro Melis is appointed curator of the Italian Pavilion in the Architecture Exhibition at Biennale di Venezia
Minister of Culture Alberto Bonisoli announced on March 8 that architect Alessandro Melis would be...
Tomorrow, March 15, an exhibition of the work of Polish architect Robert Konieczny opens at...