- Michele De Lucchi
Michele De Lucchi
De Lucchi had already come into contact with personages of the calibre of Sottsass, Branzi and Mendini when still attending university in Florence, where he graduated in architecture in 1975. While pursuing the most experimental ideologies in the field of design, he also started to work for one of Italy’s biggest industrial groups at the time, Olivetti, where he acquired vast experience working in the world of the office.
After his experience with Memphis, De Lucchi started to work for major Italian and international companies, and over the course of his career he has designed products for such well-known brands as Artemide, Vitra, Poltrona Frau, Unifor and, in the area of information technology, not only Olivetti but Siemens, Philips and Compaq. He won competitions for the redevelopment of German railway stations and renovation of Deutsche Bank’s offices, drawing on his experience working with Olivetti. De Lucchi managed to work on architectural and industrial design projects at the same time over the years, designing and renovating buildings for Enel, Olivetti, Piaggio, Poste Italiane and Telecom Italia as well as museums such as the Triennale Design Museum in Milan, Berlin’s Neues Museum and the recent Galleria d’Italia Piazza Scala in Milan. In recent years he has worked on several architectural projects for private and public clients in Georgia, such as the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Bridge of Peace in Tbilisi.
- Expansion of the Health and Quality Factory and the new Z Building for Zambon, Vicenza (Italy), 2013
- Gallerie d’Italia Piazza Scala, Milan (Italy), 2012 (Ph. Mario Carrieri)
- Il Tronco office building, Pforzheim (Germany), 2012 (Ph. Christian Richters)
- Moschino store, Milan (Italy), 2012 (Ph. Tom Vack)
- Chapel of St. James, Fischbachau (Germany), 2012 (Ph. Thomas Koller)
- Courthouse, Batumi (Georgia), 2011
- Bridge of Peace, Tbilisi (Georgia), 2010 (Ph. Gia Chkhatarashvili)
- Library of Art History and restoration of the Manica Lunga, Venice (Italy), 2009 (Ph. Alessandra Chemollo)
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia and Patrol Police Headquarter, Tbilisi (Georgia), 2009 (Ph. Gia Chkhatarashvili)
- Chesa Ritscha, Zuoz (Switzerland), 2008
- Triennale Design Museum and access bridge, Milan (Italy), 2007
- Hera Customer Service Office, Bologna (Italy), 2007
- Renovation of Enel Teodora Power Plant, Porto Corsini (Italy), 2005
- Banca Intesa Bank Branch, Milan (Italy),2003
- Milano Cordusio Central Post Office, Milan (Italy), 2002
- Renovation of Telecom Management Offices, Milan (Italy), 2002
- Artjet 10, Olivetti (Italy), 1998 (Ph. Luca Tamburlini)
- Acquatinta, Produzione Privata (Italy), 1996
- Deutsche Bank Branches, Hannover (Germany), 1995
- Tolomeo, Artemide (Italy), 1987 (Ph. Luca Tamburlini)
FICo, the world’s biggest food and agriculture theme park, opened to the public on November 15....
Modernist architect Neave Brown, known primarily for his projects of the ’70s, was awarded the...