- Hua Li - TAO
Hua Li - TAO
TAO has worked on museum, school and hospital projects that have earned international recognition and publication, such as the Museum of Handcraft Paper in Yunnan and XiaoQuan Elementary School in Sichuan, China. The studio has also won numerous prizes and been shortlisted for awards such as the 2013 Aga Kahn Award, the Architectural Record Good Design is Good Business Award, the Chinese Architecture Media Award and the WA Award. Hua Li’s work has been featured in exhibitions in China, in Europe and at MoMA in New York and featured in prestigious international magazines such as Domus, AREA, A+U, MD, Wallpaper, Abitare, Space, AV, Casabella, Architectural Review and Architectural Record.
After graduating from Tsinghua University in Beijing and the subsequent studies at Yale University, Hua Li worked for Frank Herbert Beckhard Richlan & Associates in New York before returning to China and set up his own studio in 2009 took the name of TAO.
Hau Li - TAO selected works
- Wuyishan Bamboo Raft Factory, Wuyishan (China), 2013
- Office in Woods, Weihai (China), 2013
- Visitor Center, Weihai (China), 2012
- Viewing Pavilion on Hill, Weihai (China), 2012
- Huancui Clubhouse, Weihai (China), 2012
- Riverside Clubhouse, Yancheng (China), 2010
- Xiaoquan Elementary School, Deyang (China), 2010
- Gaoligong Museum of Handcraft Paper, Tengchong (China), 2010
- TAO Architect’s Office (Former), Refurbishment of a Warehouse, Beijing (China), 2009
- ChangMeng Care Center Dining Hall, Beijing (China), 2008
FICo, the world’s biggest food and agriculture theme park, opened to the public on November 15....
Modernist architect Neave Brown, known primarily for his projects of the ’70s, was awarded the...