- Dominique Coulon associés
Dominique Coulon associés
He opened his own practice around the same time and started working in France, primarily in the public sector, designing school buildings and cultural facilities such as Collège Louis Pasteur in Strasbourg in 1996, École Maternelle Sculpteur Jacques in Reims, Lycée Technologique in Saverne, and Group Scolaire Martin Peller, also in Reims, the plans for which won the “Florilège d'Etablissements d'Enseignement Exemplaires du PEB” prize presented by the OECD.
Over the years his work has stood out for its focus on sustainability and the environment and its respect for the surrounding landscape, as well as for its multidisciplinary nature, the result of intense cultural exchange among colleagues of different nationalities.
In 2008 Sarah Brebbia and Olivier Nicollas joined his practice and Dominique Coulon et Associés was established.
The numerous international awards the group has won include special mentions for the Swiss Architecture Prize, for the European Union Contemporary Architecture Award and for the Mies van der Rohe Award.
The practice won the International Architecture Award of Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design for Maizières-les-Metz Conservatory and the Library Award for Anzin Media Center.
Dominique Coulon teaches at the Ecole d’Architecture in Strasbourg, where he created the master’s degree programme in “Architecture and complexity”.
- École Saint Jean, Strasbourg (France), 2013
- École Josephine Baker, La Courneuve, Paris (France), 2010
- Mediateque, Anzin (France), 2010
- Conservatory of music and auditorium, Maizières-les-Metz (France), 2009
- École Martin Peller, Reims (France), 2005
- Lycée Technologique, Saverne (France), 2003
- École Maternelle Sculpteur Jacques, Reims (France), 2001
- Collège Louis Pasteur, Strasburgo (France), 1996
The winners of the 2018 MIPIM Awards were announced on March 15. Italy did very well, with three...
Hufton+Crow’s photographs illustrate 520 West 28th, Zaha Hadid Architects’ first project in New...